Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Week

Hello,

I don't have a ton of time this week, so I will have to keep it short. 

We had a pretty great week enjoying the Christmas celebrations. Most people were pretty busy, and there was also a branch Christmas Activity that most people went to, so it was a little tricky to find people to teach. But it's ok, it looks like we have a good week ahead of us.

On Christmas, we went to a member's house, and they fed us some delicious Chicken biryani. It was awesome. Other than that, most people were not home. Everybody goes out and parties. On the 26th, we had zone conference. We had a devotional, had some good lunch, and watched the Christmas Devotional. Sister Berrett also gave us some nice Christmas stockings with candy in them. I had an awesome time skyping with my family on the 24th. It was really nice.

Yesterday, we picked up a new investigator named Sillian. We found her by accident a few weeks ago when we were trying to find a member. She is really nice Christian lady. We were able to visit her and teach her the restoration. She is excited for us to come over any time and teach her God's message. 

The big news for the week is that I discovered that green peppers here are quite crunchy. Not as good as the ones from the garden back home, but still pretty great. I attached a video of me biting into one, so hopefully it will go through. Make sure to turn up the sound if you watch it :)

Christmas was pretty great. We had some delicious chicken biryani with some members. Santa came and I got lots of good treats and toys! I also got your second package the other day at zone conference. 

Yes, there was a "low intensity, IED bomb" which exploded in Bangalore last night around 8:30. From what I have heard, one was killed, and three were injured. It is in my area, actually just down the street. It was near "Brigade Road" which is a place that we go all the time. That's where you go to get on the metro, Mcdonald's, Krispy Kreme, and tons of other stores and restaurants. A pretty busy area. Aditia called us last night to tell us about it. Pretty crazy. We were far from that area, and I don't think we will go back on Brigade for a while. Sketch right? 

Pretty awesome about the snow. The Hincks sent me a picture from Rexburg, and they got TONS I think about 20 inches... Lucky! 

We have had soooo much fun with the disc. We were throwing it in our apartment complex the other day while we were waiting for an appointment, and all of the kids came over to play. As kids are, they started to fight over the frisbee until one of the little boys pushed his twin brother into a metal pole. Nice going dude. He'll probably have a bruise on his forehead for a little while. 

Zone conference was good. We did some study activities, and talked about ways we can use family history in our missionary work. We also had lunch, sang songs, and watched the Christmas Devotional. Sister Berrett gave us a nice Christmas stocking filled with candy, and a cool shoe shine sponge. They got one especially for me, because I have brown shoes. I got some sweet compliments on my shiny shoes during church yesterday. I didn't end up playing the piano at zone conference, because they didn't have a piano there. Weird right? You'd think that they would plan ahead for that. Oh well, hopefully I will be able to save all of those hours that I spent practicing for next year. 

I had some trouble with the internet connection, so my time is short. 

Thanks for all of your love and support,
Elder Kent Richard Thompson

Chomping down on a fresh green pepper
Bangalore Zone at Christmas

Elder Stephen teaching the Bangalore Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment