Hello all,
This has been a really good but fairly crazy week. However, it was so great to talk to my family last Monday.
So, my companion Elder Ball went to Hyderabad for part of the week to get a new passport. We need to get a new passport so we can go the the Philippines at our year mark. We send the old one in to get our visas renewed while we are gone. He got to hang out with my trainer Elder Grimmett while he was there. They had a fun time. I was in a trio with the other two guys from my apartment, Elder Monk and Elder Harris. That was fun for the first night because we got some good appointments in and I got to see some people in their area which is always fun. The problem is that while I was sleeping, I got really sick. It must have been from what I had for lunch or something. It was a long night for me because I my stomach was really upset. I called Sister Berrett in the morning, and she helped me get better pretty quick. It's always fun talking on the phone with Sister Berret because she can always cheer you up. It must be a requirement for the mission president's wife to be super nice. We stayed inside that day so I could get better.
Elder Ball came back the next day so it was good to be back with my companion. Teaching in a trio is pretty difficult. I'm sure there's a reason that God puts his missionaries in pairs.
So we were on our way to visit one member the other day when I heard some really loud screaming! Turns out some guys were catching a wild pig and it wasn't too happy. They had caught it on a rope, and it was jumping around uncontrollably and screaming at the top of it's lungs. It literally looked like a fish when you pull it out of the water, just flopping around so fast. It was definitely a sight to see. I tried to get some video, but they let it go before I could get my camera out.
I'll send a bunch of pictures this week. First, a sunset, our cycles, and a hut. Many people live in this kinds of homes.
Love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Thompson
 |
| Elder Thompson and Elder Ball's cycles |
 |
| A pretty sunset |
 |
| Lots of people live in these huts |
 |
| A pile of bricks on a man's head. The Indian people carry all kinds of things on their heads. |
 |
| A wild pig roaming the city |
 |
| Random pictures of babies on the walls of random homes |
 |
| The current church house which is being rented while a new one is being built |
 |
| The baptismal font |
 |
| The new church building |
 |
| Elder Thompson and Elder Ball |
 |
| Lookin' cool! |
 |
| Sunglass selfies |
 |
| Elder Ball |
 |
| A rooster wandering around the restaurant |
 |
| Lunch at Dabba |
 |
| Elder Ball and a watchman who is very friendly but doesn't speak any English |
 |
| The central shopping area in Rajahmundry |
 |
| A few branch members and Elder Thompson |
 |
| It is common to dye baby chicks. You can see one red and one yellow. |
 |
| The yellow chick |
No comments:
Post a Comment