Hello all,
This was a pretty good week and we actually got some rain! It's nice to have it not be quite as hot. I was sad to say goodbye to Elder Harris and Elder Monk as they finally got their paperwork done at the FRO and headed out to new areas. It's pretty quiet here with only Elder Willis and I right now but we've been working really hard and haven't had much time in the apartment. Elder Willis and I are starting to become really good friends. I'm glad that he gets to be here with me for the last transfer of his mission.
Elder Funk from the seventy and President Berrett came to Rajahmundry last weeek for missionary zone conference and also district conference on Sunday. Elder Funk was the mission president here before President Berrett so he is very familiar with the mission. We got some good instruction and practice with using the Book of Mormon in our teaching more and also "Teaching People, not Lessons." That's something that I've really had to remind myself of throughout my mission. We should ask inspired questions to see what the people we are teaching really need to hear. It's hard to ask those kinds of questions, but I feel like I am slowly getting better at it.
Elder Willis and I have been working really really hard. We fill our planners with things to do every day, but we're having a bit of a hard time because we get bunked on so many times every day. We are desperately trying to find people that speak English that we can teach. The investigators that we do have are not very solid right now, but we're trying to help. We struggled a bit this week, but we're keeping our heads up and going by the Spirit. That's what we need right now.
That's about all for the week. This morning, I finally got around to deep cleaning our bathroom which looked like it hadn't been done for about a year. It was pretty nasty, but I got all the grime off the surfaces. I made a promise to myself that I won't be that guy that leaves the apartment really dirty for the next elders.
Here's a few pictures from the week. We got to celebrate Sister Berrett's Birthday with her during zone conference. She's so nice to call all of the elders on their birthdays, so we were happy to be able to celebrate with her. Also, there is a picture of us riding to our area. It's about three miles one way, and we usually go round trip twice every day. I guess It's good for me since we eat so much rice.
Have a fantastic week!
| Riding to their area, a six mile round trip |
| Happy birthday, Sister Berrett! |
No comments:
Post a Comment