Monday, May 16, 2016

Bengaluru

Hey Everybody!

Life has become super crazy for me here in India. President Berrett has recently called  me to be his assistant. On Tuesday, I packed my things and headed back to Bangalore. (Now officially called Bengaluru) I'm back with my good buddy, Elder Ball who was my companion back in Rajahmundry for one transfer. We basically look exactly the same so people always think that we are brothers. We met together and jumped right into our area. It's been so productive for us because we already know each other's teaching styles and work habits so we can work in unity very easily. This is supposed to be one of the more difficult areas in our mission but we had an extremely productive week with new investigators, people at church, and new people commit to be baptized. I'm excited to see what we can do to try and set a model for the mission. The assignments of the assistants in our mission has recently shifted so that we don't spend very much time in the office and have plenty of time to go out and teach the people. I'm loving it so far. Yesterday we had a meeting with President Berrett and it gave me a chance to see a little bit more of his personality. We went into his office, he slouched down in his chair, put his feet up, and started talking with us about what is going on in the mission right now. It will be cool for me to work more closely with him and see what I can learn from him. Also, we will be spending a lot of time with him in the next couple of weeks so that we can get ready for the new mission president. It's going to be a crazy experience to help our new mission president figure out how to live here in India and lead the mission. He is going to be great. 

Yesterday we had the opportunity to attend the first ever Bangalore stake conference. I was also in Bangalore a year and a half ago when we had district conference so it was cool to see the differences in everything. The people were very reverent, the speakers were great, and over all it was just better. It's been so cool to see the growth of the church in this city since I first served here 18 months ago. President Berrett gave a great talk and mentioned that since he has started his mission about three years ago, there have been enough baptisms in the India Bangalore Mission to create an entire stake. It's so cool to see so many of God's children that have made the decision to come back to Him.

Aside from all the hard work, Elder Ball and I are having a great time together. We started doing T 25 with Shaun T every morning to try and stay nice and fit for the end of our missions. 

Hope you all have a great week and find great joy in everything you do!

Love, 
Elder Kent R. Thompson

I took one last picture with the elders in my Hyderabad apartment. We woke up very early in the morning. I came to Bangalore and Elder Sundas went back to Rajahmundry.

This is my new home! It's a pretty nice housing complex called Brigade Metropolis. We're about a block away from the church and the mission office.

Stake conference was also great because I got to see many of my good friends from Convent Road Ward. Here I am with Brother Megha.

No comments:

Post a Comment