Thanks for the update. Sounds like there are tons of cool things happening back home. glad you got my letter from Sandy. Did you find out more info about the history stuff for my journal? I'm glad that you heard from President Berrett and found the Convent Road Branch FB page as well. That's pretty awesome that you were able to find that. :-) Indians take loads and loads of pictures whenever there is anything going join, so they look forward to seeing lots more. Yes, I have started playing the piano in Sacrament meeting. It's nice that they have a simplified hymn book as well, so I can play most of the hymns.
Sounds like Thanksgiving went really well. That selfie of Matthew is hilarious! For our Thanksgiving, we didn't do too much except we went to a place called 'Portland Steakhouse and Cafe.' They had a good old American Thanksgiving lunch going on. It was pretty good, but I can tell you that yours was way better. Ours was super expensive as well. Oh well. It was a good meal and we had to celebrate Thanksgiving somehow. I'll send you a few pictures of that.
Awesome that the packages have made it! I'll be excited to go pick those up. The address that you have isn't actually the mission home. It's the mission office, which will eventually be the mission home as well. They are remodeling the upstairs. The mission office is Whitefield and President and Sister Berrett are living in our area which is Convent Road. I'll be able to go pick up the mail myself, hopefully today or tomorrow. While I'm serving in Bangalore it is really easy for me to get the mail because I usually go to Whitefield about once a week. Thanks for sending those. Any American food that you send will be greatly appreciated. Beef Jerky is awesome as well as Cheese-Its and Pop Tarts. I still haven't been able to find any brown sugar. Sister Berrett made us some awesome cookies the other day. When I asked her where she got brown sugar she said that she brought it back from Hong Kong. Bummer.
Love the quotes about the Book of Mormon. Since I've been out, I finished the Book of Mormon and started over. I started really studying it, writing about it, and taking lots of notes and highlighting things. It's such a good book. I'm getting so much more out of it that I ever have before. I've been reading in 1 Nephi where Nephi has his vision and is basically shown all of time. It's so wild. Crazy how he talks about how there are so many other things that he learned but can't be written down. I'm excited to go talk to Nephi some day and ask him what those other things are. :-)
Oh, and also our apartment is getting painted during the next few days so all four of us are going to Indiranagar to spend a few nights with the zone leaders. It will be fun. I made sure to lock up all of my things in my suitcase and hide it in my closet. It will be nice to have new paint.
The people are good. We have one guy named Mahesh committed to be baptized later this month. We have been teaching lots of lessons. We met these guys from Nigeria on the metro the other day. They immediately started taking pictures with us. We had plenty of time to talk to them about the gospel. I was able to give away my first Book of Mormon to one of them. His name is Julius. I'm hoping that we will be ale to find more people to teach. We are really focused right now on helping Bangalore to become a stake. We have everything we need, except enough members. Once it is a stake, we can have a patriarch, and the general authorities will start to consider getting a temple in India. That would be awesome. The visit with President Berrett was good! He is awesome.
The other day, I bought some pomegranates. They were good. Also, Elder Mckamey had an awesome idea to put some hot chocolate mix into my oatmeal. It was quite delightful. I was able to bargain down an auto driver all by myself last week so that was cool! Bargaining is pretty fun. We had an appointment to play tennis with an investigator today but he canceled. I think we will go shoot hoops in Whitefield so I will be able to check the mail today. :-)
Love,
Elder Kent Thompson
| An American Thanksgiving Dinner |
| Elder Grimmett, Elder Rees(Logan, UT), and Elder Mckammey (Shelby, MT) |
No comments:
Post a Comment