Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

Hello,

My MTC time is almost done! It's been fun and we have all become so close. It's going to be a really long few days getting to India. I'm excited though. Elder D'vaz and I will have a party. Hopefully the phone card and my debit will come in the mail today. If not, I may have some trouble. I'm excited to call home tomorrow. But yeah, It's been good! It's just Elder Harris and I living in the residence now. It was actually pretty sad to have the others gone. This morning, we went to the temple and did initiatories. It was really good. I'm glad that we had and extra P-day before going off to the airport. We've learned so much, and have just all gotten along so well. Last night at the devotional, Russel M. Nelson's wife spoke to us. It was really good, and the spirit was super strong. I don't think I've ever had any spiritual experiences that were stronger than the ones here at the MTC. It feels like winter already! There is snow up on the mountains. I've been trying to not think about snowboarding every time I look at them. :) Halloween was fun. It was just another normal day, except they had caramel apples at the cafeteria! Also, one Elder came to our room trick-or-treating. I'm not quite sure what he was trying to look like. He had a blanket over him. Maybe a ghost or something. I'm so excited to get to India! We had a meeting telling us how to get through customs. We also got our first bottle of Malaria medicine. It's called doxycycline. Oh, and I met two guys that were in the District videos that I watched before I came! They work here. It was pretty cool. We invited our investigator, (who is really our teacher playing the role of a guy named Carl) to be baptized. He accepted the invitation, but I'm pretty sure he was just being nice. We weren't quite sure what we were doing in there. But it's ok! I'm learning every day how to effectively share the gospel. I think it will just take time before I can really get my message across the way that I and the spirit wants to.

I think that's all! I look forward to talking to you all tomorrow!

Love, 
Elder Thompson
Memorizing the First Vision

The entire zone

Kent's district at the temple

The whole district with their teacher, Brother Lester

The big map L-R Elder Hansen, Elder Dann, Elder Climmer, Elder Harris, Elder D'Vaz, Elder Lindsay, and Elder Thompson

Elder Thompson and Elder Harris

P-day at the temple

Elder Harris' birthday cake






The mountains from the classroom window

Sunrise from the classroom

The entire district with their teacher, Brother Hoffman

Elder Harris and Elder ?

Kent's favorite picture of the Savior at the MTC

The Zone at the big map

Elder Thompson's district looking very GQ

An email to remember

Bennett and Kent just before the drop off!

Anna, Kent, and Clara just before the drop off!

No comments:

Post a Comment