How's it going? Thanks for the email that you sent me. I enjoyed reading it during lunch. My P-day is every Monday. Feel free to email me any time, I just won't see it until Mondays. So good news, I did in fact get my travel plans! I'm leaving on November 4th flying with British Airways. We are going to Chicago, London, and then Bangalore. My companion, Elder Harris and also Elder Lindsay are going to Bangalore, but didn't get their visas so they will go somewhere else. Elder D'vaz and I have our Visas and will plan to fly to India together. D'vas' parents were born in India, so it was easy for him to get his Visa. Oh, and feel free to call me Kent. You're still my mom, and you aren't staying at the MTC so it doesn't apply to you.
Thanks for sending those packages, I haven't gotten them yet, but they didn't have mail in this morning when I checked. I'll go back later and check it out. I'm glad you are sending me a phone card and a stain stick because I was literally about to go buy those, so that's awesome. I really like that quote that you shared from President Berrett. I'm excited to go meet him. I found the picture of him and his wife on the wall today.
Sounds like things at home are well! I can only imagine the things that you mentioned about Clara and Bennett. He's right though, the kitchen table is pretty cool :) Sounds like the trip to Rexburg was really nice! I'm glad to hear that the program did well. Congrats on your new flute. That sounds pretty sweet. Music is also the biggest way to bring the spirit to me. Elder Harris and I are going to sing in the missionary choir on Tuesday night devo.
Yesterday, Elder Harris and I blessed the sacrament. We also went to some meetings regarding our new callings as zone leaders.
So a typical day at the MTC for me is wake up at 6:30, shower, get ready, and then eat breakfast. We usually get time to go have some exercise. The other day we played soccer. (or fuh-ee) as Elder Dann from England likes to call it. I haven't played any basketball yet, but I have done some running with Elder Lindsay. The teachers are really really nice. They are young RMs going to BYU. We get to do role play with them as investigators and us as missionaries. It was really scary, but we did well. We spend hours after hours in the classroom learning how to spread the gospel. I've learned a ton, and felt the spirit really strong. I'm also doing some one on one classes with a tutor to help me widen my vocabulary in the Book of Mormon. We do that every once in a while during personal studies. The missionaries in my District are (India) Harris, Thompson, D'vaz, and Lindsay. The others are going to Micronesia Guam. They are Dann, Climer, and Hansen. Harris and Climer are from Blackfoot, Idaho, D'vaz is from Canada, and Lindsay from Florida. Also, Dann from England. I'm sleeping really well, and the beds are surprisingly long enough. We went to the temple this morning and did an endowment session. It was really nice.
I just drank half a glass or oj at lunch, so hopefully I don't get too sick. I just couldn't take it any more.
Last night was Elder Harris' birthday. He turned 19. His family sent him a bunch of stuff, and a cake. We had a little party in our room. The French dudes came over and helped us sing happy birthday. They are very enthusiastic. It was super funny because we aren't suppost to be too loud, but it was really really really loud. It was pretty funny.
Hopefully there aren't too many typos because I don't have time to proofread. Looks like I can't upload any pictures to this computer. Bummer. I think that's all. I'll go check the mail later today and hope to see your packages.
Love, Elder Kent R. Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment