Sunday, February 1, 2015

Big Changes!

Hello,

This has been a really good week with many exciting changes. At the beginning of the week, a former investigator that I have never met before randomly called and told us that he wanted us to teach him. I was on exchange with a guy from Visak named Elder Bandi, so we had a good time teaching him. During the rest of the week, I spent time with the Zone Leaders waiting for my new companion and also running errands. Transfer weeks are pretty insane. Elder Grimmett left on Wednesday morning and Elder Cloward didn't come until Thursday evening. 

When Elder Cloward finally made it we were pretty happy. We are basically the same person! We like all of the same things, except that he likes country music and I don't. I even found out that he likes to burn incense in the apartment just like I do. (A weird habit that I picked up from Elder Grimmett) But yeah, we have had a super great time so far and have been tearing it up as far as teaching people goes. Elder Cloward came from Hyderabad which is a city that doesn't have many of the luxuries that Bangalore does. He has been pretty excited the past few days! Today I am going to take him to some huge malls and maybe get some western food. 

We're still working with our progressing investigators, Shilla and Sam. They are really cool and are willing to make commitments but, they have a hard time getting Sam out of the house because of his mental disorder. Hopefully they will be able to make it soon because they are awesome.

We found out last night that Elder Cloward and I are really good at teaching in unity. He knows his stuff really well too so I'm excited to learn from each other. 

I got a call from one of the elders in the mission whose home is in the area that I am serving right now. He told us to go visit a sister down the street that hasn't come to church in quite a while. We stopped by on Saturday and we couldn't go in because there wasn't a brother there.  We were able to simply say hi. She came to church the next day so that's exciting. I guess all it takes sometimes is to let someone know that you care about them. 

It's been weird being the only one that knows the area. It feels good though and so far I haven't gotten us lost at all. Also, we have two other elders living in the apartment with us now. Elder Anderson, who just finished being an AP, and also Elder Peter, who is brand new from New Delhi. His skin is completely white and the only reason you would recognize that he is not American is from his accent. A really nice guy though. He's also a vegan because he's allergic to most animal products so we will have to be really careful. The other day Elder Cloward made dinner, and accidentally stirred the eggs and the noodles with the same spoon and it made him sick. Poor guy. 

All but one of my batch mates have safely arrived in Bangalore. The one that is still in the states is my MTC companion, Elder Harris. He says he likes it there so that's good at least. I hope he gets his visa soon. I had the chance to see one of them, Elder Singh in the mission office while I was there earlier in the week. Also, I saw a young man from the branch that I'm serving in that just finished his training in the Philippines. I saw him at the mission office as well. His name is Harish and it was weird to refer to him as "Elder Thambi". He is now in Hyderabad. 

I think that's about all for this week. 

I didn't take any pictures, so here's one of me and Elder Cloward.

I hope you all have a great week!

Love, Elder Thompson

Elder Thompson and Elder Cloward emailing on P-day

No comments:

Post a Comment