Hello,
We had an awesome week and were able to teach tons of people and find a bunch of new homes also. We did some finding and it was so great. I guess something I have learned on my mission so far is how to ask for directions or help. It's so much easier to ask than try and figure it out on my own. We found a few homes of inactive members and had good visits with them. Hopefully we can work with them and help them come back to church some day.
On Wednesday we had zone conference and I saw two of my batch mates, Elders Hymas and Armstrong. They have been waiting for their visas in Ventura, California. It was cool to finally see them here in India. Now all of my batch is here in India except for Elder Harris who was my MTC companion. Hopefully I will see him soon.
On Thursday we rode our cycles to a hospital in an area called Koramangala to give this guy a blessing. He recently had surgery on his nose because he fractured it about a year ago. The hospital reminded me of the one that I worked at in Ecuador with my dad a few years ago. Big but sort of ghetto.
On Saturday we met with some new investigators that we met last week. A member named Megha came with us. Megha was so nice because I believe he came with us three times last week. He was really helpful. Our investigators fed us lunch and it was probably the nicest meal I have had at someone's house. They fed us egg noodles, this stuff called chicken kebab, fruit salad, fanta, and ice cream cones at the end. They even gave us glass plates and a fork! It was quite heavenly.
Yesterday we had a nice time at church. Elder Cloward and I are teaching the primary children how to sing "I know That My Savior Loves Me." It's a great song but we have to teach because they don't have it on the cd and I'm the only person that can play the piano. Figures. Elder Cloward is really good with the kids so it works out. Last night we saw a few other people and finished off the week with a lot of success.
Here are a few pics. A few shots from our adventures of cycling and finding and also a classic example of why I think my English is getting worse and worse.
Everything is great here in India. We've had some really fun times and so many laughs in the last little while. I've had a little bit of a cold but other than that my health is great.
Love you all,
Elder Thompson
| Indian traffic |
| Cycling and finding |
| A classic example of Indian grammar |
No comments:
Post a Comment