Hello!!
Right now I am still in Puerto Princesa but expect to head off to India some time this week. I'm really going to miss the Philippines but am totally ecstatic to get back to the people and the wonderful culture of India.
Last week we had the chance to travel north to Taytay and Roxas to do exchanges and see how the work was doing. The elders there are working really hard and it was cool to work with them. It's also fun to have the chance to see more of this beautiful island. I'm always so astounded by the magnificence of God's creations.
Here in the Philippines, there is a popular snack called balut. The way you make balut is you have a duck lay an egg, let the duck sit on the egg for 16-18 days, steal the duck's egg, boil it, and eat it. When you remove the shell of the egg, the embryo of the duck will be inside and it will be half developed. You put some vinegar inside, slurp out the juices, and eat the rest. There is this kid named Arvie selling balut that we always see when we are out proselyting and he has tried so many times to get us to buy from him. I always tell him something like "maybe next time." This week, I finally decided it was time to make his dreams come true and buy one of his baluts. I ate it later that night and it was as weird as it sounds but didn't taste too bad.
It was a wonderful time to celebrate Easter and remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I had the opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday and I bore testimony as clearly and powerfully as I could that Jesus Christ lives. Not only did he die for us and pay the price for our sins, but he also overcame death so that we too can one day become resurrected. What a comforting thing that is to know that there is great life after this. It's not too late to go and watch the video on https://www.mormon.org/easter !!!!
I hope you all have a good week, next time I email I should be back in India so that will be pretty exciting. Thanks for all of the love and support. At the bottom, I put a few pictures from our exchanges in Taytay. It's a beautiful town.
Love,
Elder Kent Richard Thompson
| Beautiful Taytay |
| Exchanges in Taytay |
No comments:
Post a Comment