Sunday, April 10, 2016

Incredible India!

Hello!

This week was pretty good. Adjusting back to India hasn't been too hard and I'm starting to bring my head bobble and small Telugu phrases back out. Hopefully I won't forgot all of my Tagalog! I'm now serving in Madinaguda 1st ward with Elder Rajendran and loving it. The members are really cool and I've been making some connections with the people from back in Rajahmundry who have shifted here or have family members that live here and recognize me. 

We flew to Bangalore this week for mission leadership council. It was so cool to travel through the familiar streets after one year of not being there and see the progress of the city's roads and buildings. There has been some nice development since the last time I was there.

It's just so fun to be back in this familiar culture, meeting familiar friends, and experiencing familiar things. I know that the gospel is true and the same no matter where we are, what the people do, or what's going on in our lives. God truly loves all of his children the same.

Have a great week,

Elder Thompson 

Here I am with Elder Madda, or better known to me as Brother Chandrashekar from the Rajahmundry 1st Branch.  He came out on his mission while I was gone so I was absolutely thrilled to see him in our zone.  He's going to be great.

Elder Rajendran and me on our way to Bangalore for MLC.  Elder Rajendran is from Erode, Tamil Nadu and a good a friend of mine.

Transfer day

Elder Rajendran

Elder Tuscano

Elder Thompson and Elder Rajendran 

McDonalds in Bangalore

Elder Thompson and Elder Rajendran with Brother Sathish Bthula on his wedding day.

Elder Rajendran with a ward member

A banner advertising Stake Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment