Hello,
It's been pretty fun here in Hyderabad. I've been meeting lots of cool church members. Church was pretty good. The building here is really nice and it was really nice to attend a ward again (not a branch). The bishop here is taller than I am, which is a shocker because I rarely meet people in India that are tall. I met up with my new companion Elder Bunga this week. He's actually from Hyderabad, so we have to be careful that we don't run into his family. He knows all the best places to eat around here, so we are enjoying nicely.
We're riding lots of buses here. They are really fun to ride, because sometimes they don't stop at the bus stops like they are supposed to. Sometimes you need to run as fast as you can, grab onto the bus, and jump on. Last week, I was on exchange with Elder Sharr when we had a similar experience. We were riding a bus when the time came for us to get off. The bus started to slow down and Elder Sharr hopped off. Right when I was about to get off, the driver hit the gas. My only choice was to jump off and start running. I jumped off, ran with the bus as fast as I could, and met with my companion. It was really fun!
Today for our preparation day, we visited a place called Charminar. It's an area with lots of big mosques and places to shop. It was cool to see. We went inside this building to check out the view. It was a little frustrating because the fee to go inside was five rupees if you are Indian but one hundred rupees if you are a foreigner. They always get the foreigners on these kinds of things. I decided to swallow my pride and pay the fee because I will probably not come back to this place any time soon. Once we got to the top, it was really cool. There was a good view and about a dozen random people came to take their picture with me. I guess they see white people as celebrities.
That's all for now. Have a nice week!
Elder Thompson
| Charminar |
| The view from the top of Charminar |
No comments:
Post a Comment