Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Back in Rajahmundry!

Namaste!

We've had fun these past few weeks while staying in Hyderabad. Elder Bunga took me around to see a bunch of his friends and show me some of his favorite restaurants. Preach My Gospel camp with President and Sister Berrett was really good. We focused on the basics of Preach My Gospel. We're trying to improve our teaching as a mission, and the best way to do that was to look at the basics and practice. I learned a lot and especially gained a better understanding of how to recognize the Spirit. That's something that I have always been trying to learn more and more about. I think that my teaching will definitely improve.

On Saturday, the Hyderabad Stake had a Pioneer Day Activity put on by the young adults. They did a great job. It was just like the Pioneer Activities that I remember having as a primary child. They had activities like a stick pull and pulling a hand cart over blocks of ice. They finished off the night with testimonies and refreshments. It was so cool to see that even in Hyderabad, they give such significance to the pioneers.

The assistants to the president decided that it would be a good idea to save a little money on travel this transfer. The solution was to send us all back to Rajahmundry by train. It was a long and sketchy ride, but it was pretty fun. We left Hyderabad at 5:00 AM, and arrived in Rajahmundry at around 3:00 PM. We had a nice time traveling together as a zone, and had plenty of time to talk about the gospel with a few fellow passengers. It was really cool to travel through the middle of nowhere and see some nature. I spend so much time in cities that I forget how beautiful the world really is.

It's great to be back in my home of Rajahmundry. I realized how much I love this place when we rolled in. People have been calling and asking me to come to their homes and visit. The people here are so humble and amazing. Also, because Elder Bunga knows Telugu, we will start to teach part member families who have a father or mother that don't know English. I'm sp excited to finally have the chance to give those people the opportunity to enter into the covenant of baptism.

The church is true no matter where in the world we are!

Love, Elder Thompson

Pulling handcarts over the ice

Stick pull

Elder Thompson's grandfather, Elder Sharr (He trained his trainer's trainer)

The beautiful Indian countryside
A rice field somewhere in India


Rajahmundy Train Station


No comments:

Post a Comment