Monday, September 21, 2015

Nice Week

Hello,

This was a good week for Elder Sundas and I. We're really having a great time and working well together. It rained three or four times this week, but that can't stop a couple of zealous missionaries! We spent plenty of time riding our cycles through pouring rain and ankle deep puddles and rivers. Sometimes it will rain really hard and all the roads will turn into niagra falls! It's pretty exciting.

This week is Ganesh festival which means some crazy parties out on the streets. We've had lock down at 6:00 pm every other day. It kinda hurts our work but it's nice to have a little bit of time to get some extra studies in and relax a bit.

We've been teaching an investigator named Veerraju and he's just about ready to be baptized. He's scheduled to be baptized next Sunday. We're pretty excited about that. He's been so golden with learning the lessons, keeping commitments and living the commandments. All he needs now is the interview and he's ready! 

I also received word that I will be leaving to the Philippines on October 5th and I will be serving in the Manila mission while I get my Indian visa renewed. I'm excited to serve in this mission because the temple should be nearby to where I serve. It will be a wonderful opportunity to attend the temple after such a long time.

Pictures: 
1. This is what we eat during lock down when I actually have some time to cook. (American mashed potatoes and gravy with fruits and veggies.)
2. One of our investigators, Sister Vijaya at her birthday party. Her father is a pastor but asked me to say a prayer at the party. While I was praying, he started saying some pastor phrases  like "ohhh thank you!" and "amen!" I had to hold back my laughter.
3. I had a baptism interview for this young man on the right. His name is Acharya. He has a difficult family situation, but is completely ready to take baptism. I think it will help him and his family a lot. 

That's all for now! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Thompson





No comments:

Post a Comment