Hello,
This week I had the opportunity to take a visit to the U.S. consulate in Hyderabad and I can genuinely say that I had a great time! I had to go to apply for a second passport so that I can go apply for a new Visa. Previously when I had to do work that involved my passport and visa, it was extremely painful because I was going to the FRO (Foreigners Registration Office.) At the US consulate, I was no longer a foreigner. The security let me cut to the front of very long lines of Indians waiting to go inside for American visas or other matters. Aside from that, there were Americans working inside and they had the most incredible English. I discovered that I am completely clueless when it comes to speaking with American people. The guy at the counter held up my application and asked me for my oath that everything on there was true and correct. As I raised my right hand and said "yes", I caught myself doing the Indian head bobble thing. It seems like I am no longer an American! On my way out, I saw the American flag handing high and proud. I stopped, placed my hand over my heart, said The Pledge of Allegiance, and shed a few tears. (Not really, but I was tempted to!)
Aside from that, Rajahmundry has been treating Elder Sundas and I very well. We are having tons of fun together and laugh over just about everything. We started teaching a new guy named Veerraju and he seems to be really solid. We met with him and planned to set him on date for September 20th. As we invited him to be baptized, he accepted and said that he wanted to be baptized on the exact date that we were planning on. So exciting! Also, Sister Sagarika was confirmed yesterday. She has been so solid and is flying through the Book of Mormon.
Love you all! Have a great week!
-Elder Kent R. Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment