Mangandang talghali!! Good noon!!
Oh man, my Tagalog is coming along slowly but surely. Elder Mangaoang is helping me so much and I'm learning new phrases and words every day. Here in Manila we are doing great! ayos na ayos!! We got our new companion fresh out of the MTC on Wednesday. His name is Elder Niutupuivaha from Hawaii. This guy is a stud! He's taking missionary life and living in a new place so well. He clearly has a strong desire to serve the Lord and learn to be an amazing missionary. I love the extra fire and desire that he has brought into our companionship.
Last week I hit my one year mark!! That's so crazy to me to think that I've been out for so long. Time is really flying by. Also, Christmas season has apparently started in full force here in the Philippines. We sang "Angels we Have Heard on High" In sacrament meeting yesterday... I laughed a little bit when the bishop announced that we would be singing that song.
I developed a habit while I was India that I like to call "cross the street whenever you want because there are no traffic rules and people will simply go around you." Elder Mangaoang had to scold me a few times and remind me that here in the Philippines, there are actually established traffic rules and people will not go around me. I need to wait my turn if I want to cross the road. I'll keep that in mind so I don't get flattened... 
Until next time... Ingat Ka!! Take care!!
Elder Kent Richard Thompson
 |
| Elder Niutupuivaha with President and Sister Ostler at the mission home. |
 |
| So many new missionaries!!! |
 |
| Meeting for new trainers and missionaries. (There are almost as many people in this room as there are in my entire mission in India. It's so crazy!) |
 |
| This is called a jeepney. It's how we usually get around. It's fun to ride and really cheap. I think I like it better than autos because it's a set price so the drivers can't rip you off. |
 |
| Manila at night. |
 |
| The sunrise from our apartment. |
 |
| Elder Mangaoang, Elder Songcuan and me. We were on exchange that night. |
No comments:
Post a Comment