Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 16th

Hello,

We had our zone meeting this week and discussed a very exciting goal that has been set for the 26th of December. Our goal is to have a "White Christmas" which means 200 baptisms in a single day throughout the mission! What a lofty goal! We have somewhere around 200 missionaries so that should mean about one baptism per missionary. It's meant to be a pure step of faith. I have been feeling a bit skeptical because we haven't had any investigators progress very well lately but yesterday we had a mission wide fast that we would be able to achieve our goal. As we asked for Heavenly Father's help, a former investigator named Josephine came to church completely randomly. I've never even met her before! She stayed for church and we were able to go and teach her. We had a great lesson and felt the Spirit very strong. She hasn't met with the missionaries is quite a while because she's a single mother and works pretty long hours but she's been reading the Book of Mormon quite consistently and is now half way through Alma. She really wants to be baptized but has a small issue with the word of wisdom and works on Sundays. Regardless of that, I feel like this has been an answer to our prayers and fasting. She really could be somebody that Heavenly Father has prepared to be baptized on December 26th and we are prepared to do everything in our power to help Heavenly Father do this thing. I've learned more about faith since we started this goal. We'll continue to pray and work diligently so that Heavenly Father can open the windows of heaven.

I don't have too much to report this week but that's what we have really been working on. I love my calling and I love my companions. I'm so happy to be here at this time. :):)

Ingat po kayo! 

Elder Thompson

Brother Jake putting some pig veins out to sun dry.

Each day we study for four hours.  Yep, you read that right....four!  We do our personal study, regular companionship study, 12 week training study for new missionaries, and language study.  It's long but a great opportunity to learn and grow.  Here I am trying my best to stay awake and focused.

View from our apartment at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment