Hello po Everybody!!
My companion Elder Mangaoang always likes so say wow super nice whenever something good happens! He's just a stud muffin!
This week has been soooo good! I'm really trying like anything to learn this language! I still can't talk to anybody or understand much but I was so proud of myself because I was able to use a small phrase the other day with one of our investigators. She was showing me a picture of her son. I asked her where does he live and she didn't understand me. I then said "Saan nakatira siya?" Which means where does he reside? She was so happy to hear me speak a little Tagalog. And even though I had no idea where the place she told me was, I was so stoked to be speaking her language. By small and simple things... I will learn this language!!
This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon again. What a wonderful book it is!! My testimony and faith have grown so much from the time I have spent reading that book over the past year. The words in there are so inspiring and easy to understand. I get so pumped when I get to share with my companions what I learned in my personal study.
Yesterday our ward had the annual primary presentation! It was so cute to see the children singing the songs and saying their lines. There were only about 20 kids but they sang with all their hearts! My favorite part was when the primary teacher lifted a very small girl up to the mic and in her innocence she said "I can always repent!"She was so excited about it! It's true though! It really is so exciting that we can repent of our sins and never look back!
We've been teaching people in all kinds of crazy places and settings. Last week we taught a guy in the back of an automobile repair shop, a guy living in a construction site, and another man living on the street. I'm so grateful for the chance to come lift people's spirits and help them improve their lives. It seems like there's not really anything better that we could be doing.
So my thought for you all is that if you are having a rough day or something is hard for you, go find somebody else that you can help. See what happens to your mood and your attitude when you do so. I bear my witness that it will cheer you up! 😀
With love,
Elder Thompson
| The party place (our home). We live on the top floor where all the white shirts are hanging to dry. Did I mention that we wash our clothes by hand?! Super nice. |
| Respect. |
| My guapo (handsome) companions |
No comments:
Post a Comment