Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hello October!

Hello! 

This week was pretty good for us. We're making slow and steady progress in our area which is good. It's difficult to come in and try to pick up on where the elders left off before but we're making progress. We put our investigator Sita on date this week and she is super excited to be baptized! She came to church yesterday and had great fellowship so she should be ready to be baptized before the end of the transfer. I realized that it is either a really good sign or a really bad sign when you don't see your investigator very much during church. It either means that they left, or they have great fellowship and are having a great time with the members. That's how Sita was yesterday! She was with the members the whole time and loved being at church.

I also travelled to Bangalore this week with the zone leaders for my last ever mission leadership council. It's so crazy to think that I'm starting to have my last of everything on a mission... Last MLC, last zone training, last fast Sunday, etc. The zone leaders had me bear a final testimony after zone training and it felt so weird. I've become so comfortable with mission life that I can't imagine doing anything else.

There's a cool Hindu festival going on right now called Dussehra. To celebrate the festival, they set up these massive light structures in one part of the city. We rode our bikes over there the other night to check out the lighting. It was like Christmas at temple square times ten!

Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Thompson


Dussehra lights



Mission Leadership Council



No comments:

Post a Comment